Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD) counselling:-
Oppositional defiant disorder (ODD) is a childhood disorder that is defined by a pattern of hostile, disobedient, and defiant behaviours directed at adults or other authority figures. ODD is also characterized by children displaying angry and irritable moods, as well as argumentative and vindictive behaviours.
Symptoms of ODD may include:
• Frequent temper tantrums
• Excessive arguing with adults
• Often questioning rules
• Active defiance and refusal to comply with adult requests and rules
• Deliberate attempts to annoy or upset people
• Blaming others for his or her mistakes or misbehaviour
• Often being touchy or easily annoyed by others
• Frequent anger and resentment
• Mean and hateful talking when upset
• Spiteful attitude and revenge seeking
This behavioural disorder makes a child always irritable and antagonistic.
Other signs of this disorder are:-
• Uncooperative attitude.
• Disobedient nature.
Treatment for ODD
If you think you might be suffering from ODD, you could have a specialist assessment to verify the diagnosis. Treatment of ODD includes psychological therapy such as cognitive-behavioural therapy, stress reduction, and behavioural training. The psychologists at The Indira Mind Healing Centre have considerable experience and expertise in ODD.